Ethics is more than words. In today's world, ethical means professional.
Take the ethical challenge and apply with your team till April 24 via email@example.com. We ask you to send us your e-mail information about a team leader and provide the e-mail addresses of all participants.
The 2022 Ethics Challenge is the 5th edition of the CFA Society Poland initiative, aimed at popularizing ethics and ethical standards among young professionals interested in capital markets. The competition aims to promote the global mission of the CFA Institute, i.e. the highest ethical standards. The national editions of this international competition took place, among others in Canada, Nigeria, Turkey and the United States.
When does green become unethical? How can a war conflict thwart the company's investment plans and become a spiral of morally questionable behaviour? What are the challenges facing the whistleblower?
Enter the world of great investments and even more money with us. Make difficult decisions with the heroes of this year's ethical case. Look for legal norms and solve a case study.
How it works
Each team must have two to four (2—4) members. The faculty adviser assembles the team and guides them throughout the process. Teams will present their analysis and recommendations to a judging panel of CFA charterholders based on the case study by CFA Society Poland. The competition is 100% presentation based; which includes: a 15-minute presentation and then 5 additional minutes to respond to questions from the judges.
The best team will receive a financial award of 10,000 PLN gross. We have prepared material prizes for the other two winners (2nd and 3rd team). Two great bestsellers funded by CFA Society Poland — "K.I.S.S." novels await all participants of the competition. and "P.I.I.G.S." Tomasz Prusek, author of this year's ethical case.
Please note: the competition is ENTIRELY IN POLISH.
Check the current Ethics Challenge competition schedule, register with your team by April 28 and solve a very entertaining ethical case.
Please note that the official rules of the competition (the current edition) are available only in Polish (choose the Polish language at the top of the website).
The competition will be held in Polish.
April 6—April 24, 2022 — Our registration is open for all universities in Poland.
April 28, 2022 — The kick-off meeting for registered teams with a presentation of this year's case study.
May 15, 2022 — The deadline for all presentations.
May 26, 2022 — Assessment by graders.
June 2, 2022 — The Ethics Challenge final.
Benefits of Participating:
(we are waiting for your team until April 24, 2022).
When submitting the application, indicate the team leader and provide the e-mail addresses of all participants. Your application will be confirmed by the organizer.
Personal Data Processing Clause
1. The personal data controller is CFA SOCIETY POLAND with its registered office in Wrocław, ul. Komandorska 118/120, 53-345 Wrocław, registered in the National Court Register kept by the District Court for Wrocław-Fabryczna in Wrocław under file number: 0000222537, NIP number 8992528090. Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Personal data are processed in compliance with the rules laid down in Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation, GDPR), and in the Polish Personal Data Protection Act, executive regulations to this Act and in the Act on Provision of Electronic Services of 18 July 2002 (Journal of Laws of 2002, No. 144, Item 1204, as amended).
3. Personal data may be processed for legitimate purposes, performance of contracts and obligations arising from such contracts, including for the purpose of mailing promotion and information materials, market research and public opinion research.
4. Your personal data may be made available to relevant recipients, in particular the Ethics Challenge competition partners, third parties providing IT or legal services to the controller or institutions authorized to control the controller’s activity or institutions authorized to obtain personal data pursuant to provisions of law.
5. Your personal data will be stored until elapse of the statute of limitation period for claims or until expiry of legitimate interest in the processing or until submission of an objection (with regard to processing based on necessity of processing for purposes arising from the controller’s legitimate interests).
6. You have the right to access your data (including enclosed CVs) and the right to demand their rectification, their erasure or restriction of their processing. To the extent to which the processing of your personal data is based on the controller’s legitimate interest, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data. To the extent to which the processing of your personal data is based on a consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent. The withdrawal of your consent will not affect the lawfulness of the processing of your personal data which was conducted on the basis of your consent prior to its withdrawal. To the extent to which your personal data are processed automatically for the purpose of concluding or performing a contract or processed on the basis of a consent, you also have the right to transfer your personal data, i.e. to receive your personal data from the controller in a structured, generally used, machine-readable format. You can send such data to another data controller. You also have the right to file a complaint with the regulatory authority dealing with personal data protection. To exercise the above rights you should contact the data controller or personal data officer. The contact details are provided in item 1 above.
7. The controller uses adequate technical and organizational measures that ensure security of the personal data processed, adequately to the threats and categories of protected personal data, in particular secure the data against unauthorized disclosure, viewing and interception by an unauthorized person, processing in breach of applicable regulations and against modification, loss, damage or destruction.
CFA Society Poland belongs to one of the largest professional organizations in the financial environment — CFA Institute. It promotes the highest ethical, professional, and educational standards in the financial industry in Poland. It has been operating in Poland since 2004. The activities include the promotion of the CFA Program, spreading knowledge in the field of finance, as well as integration and action for the financial environment, in particular for the CFA designation holders.